Common Eligibility Test (CET) for RRB Railways & SSC Exams 2020: Cabinet approves setting up of National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to conduct Govt Exams for Non-Technical Posts
Common Eligibility Test (CET) – Highlights
- Separate CET to be conducted for three levels
- Higher Secondary ( 10+2)
- Matriculate ( 10th Pass )
- For Non – technical posts CET shall replace the Tier 1 exa held by SSC, RRB, and IBPS
- CET to short list candidates for group B & C posts in central government.
- To be conducted in multiple Indian Language.
- Based on CET score, final selection to be made through separate specialized Tier 1 & Tier 2 examination conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- No restriction of number of attempts by the candidates, subject to upper age limit prescribed.
- Relaxation in upper age limit to be given to candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PWD
Benefits of CET
- Reduce time taken in selection process.
- CET to be conducted at over 1000 cities, Every district will have at least one exam center
- Beneficial for women and the aspirants of Rural areas.