Cabinet approves setting up of National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to conduct Govt Exams for Non-Technical Posts
Common Eligibility Test (CET) – Highlights
- Separate CET to be conducted for three levels
- Higher Secondary ( 10+2)
- Matriculate ( 10th Pass )
- For Non – technical posts CET shall replace the Tier 1 exam held by SSC, RRB, and IBPS
- CET to shortlist candidates for group B & C posts in the central government.
- To be conducted in multiple Indian Languages.
- Based on the CET score, the final selection to be made through separate specialized Tier 1 & Tier 2 examinations conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- No restriction of a number of attempts by the candidates, subject to the upper age limit prescribed.
- Relaxation in upper age limit to be given to candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PWD
Benefits of CET
- Reduce the time taken in the selection process.
- CET to be conducted at over 1000 cities, Every district will have at least one exam center
- Beneficial for women and the aspirants of Rural areas.